CHECKLIST FOR GETTING A MORTGAGE
There are several steps you need to take when acquiring a mortgage.
Sales contract on the purchase of your new home. Copy of sales contract and certified closing statement on your current home. For FHA loans: Copies of your Social Security card and drivers license.
The following is a list of items and information your lender needs to process your loan in a timely fashion (like fast).
- Employment history for the last two years and complete addresses
- Employment dates
- W-2’s for the last two years
- Tax returns for the last two years, with all schedules signed in blue ink
- If there are any gaps in employment in the last two years (please explain).
- If you are self-employed, you will need to provide a current balance sheet, and a year-to-date profit and loss statement
- Two years of most recent residences with complete addresses
- Length of time at each residence
- Landlords name and complete address, if applicable
- Names and addresses of each financial institution
- All account numbers
- Three months bank statements for all accounts
- All current balances and values
Loans and Credit Cards:
- Creditor’s names and addresses
- All account numbers
- Current balances owed
- Monthly payments and number of payments remaining
Current Real Estate:
- Property addresses
- Estimated market value
- Outstanding balances
- Monthly payment amounts
- Monthly rental income amounts, if applicable
- Year, make and value of your automobile
- Net cash value of your life insurance policy
- Value of your personal property
If applicable, the following information:
- Divorce papers
- Check / money order for credit report and appraisal
For VA loans:
- Certificate of eligibility & DD214
Contact me today for a marketing proposal for your home and you’ll see why my listings sell faster and for more money than the rest!
Contact me today for your FREE Home Consultation!
The job of the Real Estate agent is no longer to "find" you a home. Lets be honest… no matter how good I am at searching the MLS, you're spending 6 hours a night on every real estate site you can find, mostly because you're positive that you're better at finding THE...
First of all, before anyone gets their panties in a wad, let me explain. I am not saying that agents shouldn't answer their phones…ever. The good ones will always answer their messages. But, the good ones also don't always have time to answer that call, at that...
Arizona Licensed Agents As of writing this, there are around 92k licensed Agents in the state of Arizona. About half of those are in the Maricopa Valley area, including everything around Phoenix. It's said that about 20% of the real estate agents sell 80% of the real...
There has been an uproar in the Real Estate World recently, regarding the commissions paid to the buyers agents. The Backstory NAR came under attack recently by the DOJ (Department of Justice), for their requirement that a seller offer a buyers agent...
We're in a competitive market right now and buyers are getting desperate. They're up against multiple offers, with variant levels of risky conditions. Buyers waiving contingencies Buyers making earnest money non-refundable Buyers are paying cash more than ever Buyers...
You're in a competitive market and you want to make a strong offer. You're tired of being beat out by these cash investors. It's understandable… but what can you do? Some buyers have looking into hard money loans, as an option to avoid pitfalls in financing, like...
Arizona is being purchased up by investors, and the public is feeling the strain. But who are these investors buying up all the homes and why? iBuyers The iBuyer has been around for a while now, and a lot of sellers have benefited from them. They move in to an...
First, lets just clear something up... The Claims History is NOT the same as a CLUE report. We do not get a CLUE report from the insurance company. A CLUE is a Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange report. A CLUE report will give you the claims history, sure, but...
The Sellers Property Disclosures Statement is commonly known in the Real Estate world as the SPDS (or Spuds, but never spell it that way!). In the state of Arizona, we are what you would refer to as a Disclosure State. That means that the seller of a property is...
When you are buying a home with cash, the contract states that a proof of funds (POF) will be provided. There is no standard form however. Proof, is proof. So, what would be considered a valid proof of funds? Bank statement. If you choose to do this, you should...