CHECKLIST FOR GETTING A MORTGAGE
There are several steps you need to take when acquiring a mortgage.
Sales contract on the purchase of your new home. Copy of sales contract and certified closing statement on your current home. For FHA loans: Copies of your Social Security card and drivers license.
The following is a list of items and information your lender needs to process your loan in a timely fashion (like fast).
- Employment history for the last two years and complete addresses
- Employment dates
- W-2’s for the last two years
- Tax returns for the last two years, with all schedules signed in blue ink
- If there are any gaps in employment in the last two years (please explain).
- If you are self-employed, you will need to provide a current balance sheet, and a year-to-date profit and loss statement
- Two years of most recent residences with complete addresses
- Length of time at each residence
- Landlords name and complete address, if applicable
- Names and addresses of each financial institution
- All account numbers
- Three months bank statements for all accounts
- All current balances and values
Loans and Credit Cards:
- Creditor’s names and addresses
- All account numbers
- Current balances owed
- Monthly payments and number of payments remaining
Current Real Estate:
- Property addresses
- Estimated market value
- Outstanding balances
- Monthly payment amounts
- Monthly rental income amounts, if applicable
- Year, make and value of your automobile
- Net cash value of your life insurance policy
- Value of your personal property
If applicable, the following information:
- Divorce papers
- Check / money order for credit report and appraisal
For VA loans:
- Certificate of eligibility & DD214
Contact me today for a marketing proposal for your home and you’ll see why my listings sell faster and for more money than the rest!
Contact me today for your FREE Home Consultation!
First, lets just clear something up... The Claims History is NOT the same as a CLUE report. We do not get a CLUE report from the insurance company. A CLUE is a Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange report. A CLUE report will give you the claims history, sure, but...
The Sellers Property Disclosures Statement is commonly known in the Real Estate world as the SPDS (or Spuds, but never spell it that way!). In the state of Arizona, we are what you would refer to as a Disclosure State. That means that the seller of a property is...
When you are buying a home with cash, the contract states that a proof of funds (POF) will be provided. There is no standard form however. Proof, is proof. So, what would be considered a valid proof of funds? Bank statement. If you choose to do this, you should...
In the purchase contract, there are MANY items that both parties are responsible to follow. If you do not follow these terms of the contract, you may be in breach. However, according to the Arizona Purchase Contract, if you are outside of the terms of the contract,...
I am extremely proud to hold the alphabet soup next to my name, but I know that it can be confusing if you don't know what this mess of letters mean. Let me explain. In real estate, we have 24 hours (30 for brokers) of Continuing Education (CE) classes to take every...
In todays competitive market, a lot of buyers are getting desperate in their offers. We're seeing many people shortening their inspections, waiving the appraisal contingency, making their earnest money go hard and all kinds of things. Today, lets talk about the...
Do you want to make your offers stand out in this market? What are you up against? What are the winning offers doing? Lets review the multiple offer presentation form, so that you can see exactly what a seller is considering when reviewing multiple offers. It's not...
Anyone that has ever visited Prescott has likely driven down Mt Vernon Ave and dreamed of owning one of the charming historic homes along the street. 230 N Mt Vernon Ave has been meticulously maintained and renovated in it's historic charm. Now you have a chance to...
We have been investing in properties for a a few years now. We've gone about it on a very conservative level though, playing it safe. We're not "flippers" per say, although if we saw the right opportunity, we'd still jump on it. We've been investing in rental...
Theory: Real estate agents help people search for the right home. Right? MYTH As much as I do search for homes, be honest, you're searching too... 90% of the time, you don't buy the home that fits into the criteria you tell your agent anyway. No matter how much I...