A simplified layout to selling a home. Click on any of the links or blog posts below for further information. Check back frequently as more information is gathered.
Hiring your Agent
- How to choose an agent
- How to recognize an exceptional Real Estate agent
- Is a discounted commission worth it?
- What happens behind the scene?
Getting your home ready to list
- Staging and Removing the Emotions
- Staging your home to sell
- 10 tips to sell it fast
- How we market the home and why Listing Photos are SO important
- What to expect from showings
- Craziest reasons we’ve heard as to why the buyer won’t make the offer
- Which repairs may impact value
- Small improvements that could give you a bigger ROI
Receiving an offer
- How to compare multiple offers
- Qualifying the buyer/lender/agent
- Switch and Bait Financing
Going under contract – accepted offer
- Understanding the timeframes
- Understanding contractual obligations – Timeframes
- Breach of Contract? Not necessarily
- Understanding Escrow
- Spouse not on Title?
The inspection Period
- What to expect from the Inspection
- The Sellers Disclosures
- The Claims History Report
- What are the buyers responsibilities
- What are the sellers responsibilities
- What are the agents responsibilities
- Types of inspections
- Outside the box thinking
- Common Inspection issues
- Understanding the BINSR
- Typical repairs
- What does “As-Is” mean?
- Why you should agree to repairs
- How to make repairs
- Don’t get sued after close
- Repairs you did in the last 12 months
- Legalities of remodeling
- How to prepare and what to expect
The Finance Contingency
- What could go wrong
- Waiving the Appraisal Contingency
The Final Walk Through
Signing the docs
- When do you have to be out?
- Should you consider a post possession or Lease Back?
Read the latest Seller articles, from the blog.
How to Make Your Home Stand Out When Selling
First impressions are the most important sales tool. Emotion plays a tremendous part in creating an interest in your home from a potential buyer. Make certain your home puts its “best foot forward” and that you follow the time-tested rules and behavior that will...
Contractual Time Frames
Without making this too complicated, here’s a brief outline of the timelines, as agreed to in a normal, boilerplate contract. Time for Acceptance – This is the time that the buyer is on the line for the contract, if signed and received within that time. This is not a...
Pricing the Home Appropriately
Without a doubt, of all the mistakes that a seller can make, price is the most harmful and costly. Price the home too low, the home will sell, and probably quickly, but the seller will lose money that is rightfully theirs. Price the property too high and it will not...
Choosing the Right Agent
For most people, their home is the biggest investment of their life. You need to do some research to find the one that’s right for you. Finding the right match will pay off in the long run. Tips for Choosing the Right Realtor Go with a Pro The terms agent, broker and...
This comprehensive list of reminders will be valuable in the moving days ahead. Previous Residence PREPARING FOR THE MOVE: Leave keys & garage openers Travel funds (cash & checks) Prepare pet transportation Personally transport valuables & jewelry ADDRESS...
The Most Common Inspection Issues
The inspection period and the appraisal are those 2 moments during a transaction that everyone holds their breath and finds religion… cause there is a lot of praying going on. When selling a home, know that inspectors WILL make it sound like the house is about to fall...
Behind the Scenes of a Real Estate Deal
The job of the Real Estate agent is no longer to "find" you a home. Lets be honest… no matter how good I am at searching the MLS, you're spending 6 hours a night on every real estate site you can find, mostly because you're positive that you're better at finding THE...
Is Your Agent Exceptional… or a DUD
Arizona Licensed Agents As of writing this, there are around 92k licensed Agents in the state of Arizona. About half of those are in the Maricopa Valley area, including everything around Phoenix. It's said that about 20% of the real estate agents sell 80% of the real...
Who Pays for the Real Estate Commissions?
There has been an uproar in the Real Estate World recently, regarding the commissions paid to the buyers agents. The Backstory NAR came under attack recently by the DOJ (Department of Justice), for their requirement that a seller offer a buyers agent...
Under Contract – The Sellers Timeframes
When selling your home, you will be governed by our Residential Purchase Contract. Many sellers might see the boiler plate jargon and not pay close attention to some of the details within the contract. That being said, it's very important to understand the timeframes...